Quincy Mine | MI Print
Isn't the Quincy Mine an architectural gem? With this cute little State Icon print in your home or office, you'll be reminded of the Michigan landmark every time you get a glimpse of it.
Our framed digital illustration pays tribute to one of the copper mines located near Hancock in Keweenaw National Historical Park. It was owned by the Quincy Mining Company and operated from 1846–1945, and periodically through the 1970s.
This tiny picture was drawn with a mouse and printed in our studio. It's finished in a handmade, hand-painted, black wood frame, and is protected by recycled glass.
- Lavender-grey, dark purple, reddish-brown, tan, grey, and black illustration
- Giclée print using archival paper and inks, so it will last a lifetime
- Comes in a handmade, black, beveled wooden frame
- Overall frame size is approximately 4.125" x 3.375"
- Frame is thick in depth, so it can stand on its own on a flat surface, or it can hang on a wall by the sawtooth hanger that's attached to the back
- Each print is signed by the artist, Christy Johnson
- Weighs approximately 4 oz.
- Are you looking for a larger size? Check out our Matted Prints.
- Will this be a gift? If so, we'll include a handwritten card—just let us know in the Notes section (a small link on the Cart page) what you'd like to say.
HOW ELSE CAN WE HELP?
- Exchanges can be made within 30 days of order date if your item was damaged in transit, or if the wrong item was mailed to you (but that's only happened once!).
- Returns will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact us with questions.
- Shipping costs differ depending on weight, and USPS increases its prices yearly. In general, sending 1–6 State Icons in a small USPS box comes in at less than $10.
Illustrations by Minnesota artist Christy Johnson of United Goods.
All artwork is copyright of United Goods.
Proudly made in the USA.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping costs differ depending on weight, and the USPS increases its prices yearly. We can say that sending anywhere from 1–6 State Icons in a small USPS box comes in at less than $10.
Orders that are more than $75 can get free shipping. Use code FREESHIP at checkout.
How long will it take for me to get my item(s)?
We ship USPS Priority Mail to anywhere in the U.S. When you place an order, we'll estimate shipping and delivery dates based on the weight of your items and the shipping options available.
The shipping rates for our work is weight-based (in ounces). The weights of our items can be found on their individual pages. To reflect the policies of USPS, all weights will be rounded up to the next full ounce.
Orders are usually shipped within 5–7 business days (Monday–Friday) of the date your order was placed. Your items will be wrapped and protected during transit with plenty of cushy packaging.
Shipping times can be longer during the December holidays. Customers are advised to order by December 10 to ensure delivery before Christmas (December 25).
Do you offer international shipping?
What's your packaging like?
We use all recyclable shipping packaging: USPS Priority cardboard boxes, Kraft tape, and paper address labels. Inside, we fill our boxes with Kraft paper and Kraft crinkle, which can also be recycled and/or composted. Our State Icons are wrapped with food-grade wax paper, which is compostable and biodegradable. Any bubble wrap and/or packing peanuts used is also biodegradable and/or compostable.
Do you offer custom illustrations?
Yes! If you're interested in a Custom State Icon illustration, contact us before purchasing. We'll discuss with you your idea before determining whether or not it's feasible, and whether or not it can be done within your desired timeline. Our custom-order pricing varies depending on the request, so again, just send us a note and we'll tell you the price.
What types of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, Square, and PayPal. A couple of fancy-pants payment options—that we are personally clueless about—are also available on our Cart page (ShopPay, Google Pay)!
What's your return policy?
If the order you receive is damaged or incorrect, you may return it within 7 days of delivery for a full refund or exchange. We'll pay for the return/exchange shipping cost if the item(s) is/are incorrect or damaged. We very rarely allow returns for reasons other than if the item(s) is/are damaged or incorrect. Custom State Icon illustrations cannot be returned or exchanged. Contact us if you have questions.
Requirements for returning/exchanging merchandise:
1. Item(s) must be returned in the original packaging (if applicable)
2. Item(s) must be shipped to us via USPS, UPS, or FedEx
If we do not receive your package, we will not issue a refund. Provided the item(s) is/are received in good condition, a refund will be promptly issued upon receipt. We will not return or exchange items that have been used or damaged in your care.
You should expect to receive your refund within 4 weeks of giving your package to the return shipper. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5–10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3–5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5–10 business days).
Do State Icons come in sizes other than the small framed options?
Possibly. Tell us the size you have in mind, and we'll let you know whether or not we can make it happen. We cannot offer a handmade frame in any size other than our standard 4.125" x 3.375". Extra charges usually don't apply for a size other than those in our standard frames, but sometimes are necessary. Let's chat about it.
Is there a discount for ordering multiple framed State Icons?
Possibly. Contact us regarding how many you'd like to order, and we'll relay the price we can offer.
My purchase is a gift. Will you ship directly to the recipient?
Absolutely. Enter the recipient's address in the Ship To section of the order page. We'll even include a handwritten note for no extra charge. Just shoot us a message, or include what you want to say in the Notes section when you're checking out (it's a tiny link on the Cart page). We don't ship our items with receipts or packing slips, so the recipient won't see any payment info.
I'd like to leave a product review. How can I do that?
Thanks for asking! Scroll down to the very bottom of any of our product pages and find the button that says "Write a review." Click that, and you're on your way. If you make a purchase, you should receive an email within a few days of your order asking for a review. We'd be honored if you left us one.
A Legendary Candle I got from United Goods has sadly burned down to the end. How do I remove the wax so I can use the vessel as a drinking glass?
Here's a quickie rundown once the wax has melted down to 1/2" from the bottom of our First Avenue/Prince memorial candle's vessel:
- Line a baking sheet with brown paper, like a grocery bag.
- Place the vessel upside down on the paper, and put the baking sheet in a 200-degree oven.
- Allow the glass to “bake” until all the wax has melted out. You can move the glass around the paper (protect your hands from the heat!) every so often so it's on a fresh piece of the brown paper. That helps you see if any wax is left.
- Once the wax is gone, hand-wash and dry the vessel. From there, feel free to use it as a drinking glass. Hand wash and dry it to preserve the life of the printed illustration.
Do you offer wholesale?
If you're a retailer, find ways to order from us on our Wholesale page.
I'd like to tattoo one of your illustrations on my bod. May I do that?
We have granted people the right to use our art in the form of a tattoo, for a reasonable fee. Contact us to see if it's possible.
Can I use your artwork in my logo, branding, etc.?
We don't currently offer licensing of our illustrations, but if you have questions about it, contact us.
If you've purchased from us, know that we retain all rights to our artwork, and pieces cannot be resold, reproduced, or repurposed in any manner. Copyright does not transfer with purchase. United Goods retains all rights to images of our work, writing, photographs, and illustrations, and they cannot be resold in any manner. Copying, reproducing, or redistributing our artwork is strictly prohibited unless written consent is granted by us. Images of our work shared via social media or other print/digital publications must include attribution to United Goods.
I'm an Art Director and would like to license your work. Is that possible?
We'd love to learn more. Please contact us.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us and we'll respond ASAP.