Headwaters of the Mississippi River Post
This Headwaters of the Mississippi River Post illustration is part of the State Icons series. The marker notes the origin of the river, which is just knee-deep in this spot. The post, which dates back to the 1930s, is located in Lake Itasca State Park in Minnesota.
- Brown, yellow, and black illustration
- Giclee print using archival paper and inks, so it will last a lifetime
- Comes in a simple, black, handmade wooden frame (approx. 3.25" x 3.75" total) with recycled glass
- Each illustration is signed by the artist
- Frame is thick in depth, so it can stand on its own on a flat surface, or it can hang on the wall via a sawtooth hanger that's attached to the back
- Frame is handmade by On The Level Woodworking
Would you like to buy more than one State Icon? Check out our deals for purchasing in multiples.
Looking for this State Icon in a larger size? Here's where you can find our Matted Prints.
Will this be a gift? If so, we'll include a handwritten card—just let us know in the comments section what you'd like to say.
Illustrations by Christy Johnson, United Goods; copyright United Goods.
Proudly made in the USA.