Big Tex Statue
This Big Tex Sculpture illustration is part of the State Icons series. The statue is a cultural icon of the State Fair of Texas, and is located in Fair Park in Dallas. This illustration depicts the original Tex, who was 52-feet tall and made his debut in 1952. In October 2012, an electrical fire destroyed him. He was rebuilt in September 2013 and now stands at 55 feet tall.
- Red, blue, yellow, peach, brown, and black illustration
- Giclee print using archival paper and inks, so it will last a lifetime
- Comes in a simple, black, handmade wooden frame (approx. 3.25" x 3.75" total) with recycled glass
- Each illustration is signed by the artist
- Frame is thick in depth, so it can stand on its own on a flat surface. Or it can hang on the wall via a sawtooth hanger attached to the back.
- Frame is handmade by On The Level Woodworking
Will this be a gift? If so, we'll include a handwritten card—just let us know in the Notes section (a small link on the Cart page) what you'd like to say.
Illustrations by Christy Johnson, United Goods; copyright United Goods.
Proudly made in the USA.