Posted by United Goods on November 26, 2017
Join us at from 11am–5pm on Dec. 2 for The Island of Misfit Makers, a new, exciting, and slightly renegade show we're organizing. It's all going down at FOOD BUILDING in NE Minneapolis, and it’s free and open to the public.
In addition to State Icons, matted prints, pot holders, zip pouches, ornaments, note cards and candles from United Goods, you'll see the work of these local makers:
Minny & Paul
Samantha Rei & Ashley Hay
Wooden Spoon Editions
Stacey Johnson Jewelry Design
Dad and Kiddo Pottery
Cheri C. Meyer
Red Cedar Gardening
SHOP 'TIL YOU DROP
- The American Craft Council's Holiday Craft Hop is going on *right* next door from noon–5pm (11am for ACC members).
- Just down the street, visit the 2nd Annual Betty’s Bizarre Bazaar (at Betty Danger's Country Club) from 10am–5pm.
- Not far, wander over to Lakes & Legends Brewing Company for A Handmade Holiday Market from noon–5pm.
- Also check out No Coast Craft-o-Rama, which goes from 9am–5pm just a few miles away at the Midtown Global Market.
- And if that's not enough, head to St. Paul to see some of our maker pals at Art at Ramsey Art Fair from 10am–5pm at Ramsey Jr. High.
MAKE A DAY OF IT
- There's lots of *free* street parking available.
- Pick out your holiday tree at the sale next door (word has it that Santa will be visiting from 11am–2pm...).
- Hit up The Draft Horse for brunch.
- When you need a break, kick back, listen to some holiday tunes, and enjoy a festive beverage (hot toddy, wine, or beer) from the cash bar.
CONNECT WITH US
- See what our makers will have at event by following along on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theislandofmisfitmakers/?hl=en
The Island of Misfit Makers
Saturday, Dec. 2 : 11am–5pm
FOOD BUILDING, 1401 Marshall St. NE, Minneapolis 55413
Free and open to the public